History of the Sub-Collection
Sub-collection of models of rural buildings is one of the smallest sub-collections of the National Museum of Agriculture. It includes models of buildings or their parts, eventually their technical equipment. Origins of this sub-collections go back to 1891, when two models now belonging to it were exhibited at the Jubilee Exhibition. Another twenty models were exhibited four years later at the Ethnographic Exhibition. During the period of socialism, quite a lot of attention was paid to the development of this sub-collection, mainly to models of agricultural buildings, and buildings dealing with animal farming in particular. Nowadays, one or two models are added to this sub-collection annually.
Important Items Belonging to the Sub-Collection
Models from the Jubilee Exhibition and models from the Czechoslavic Ethnographic Exhibition.