The history of the National Museum of Agriculture can be traced back to 1891. The Museum of Agriculture was established as an independent institution in 1918.
Construction of the building in Prague’s Letná district, which is an important historical building in the style of modern Czech architecture – functionalism, began in 1937 and was completed in 1939, together with the neighbouring building of the National Technical Museum, based on a design by architect Milan Babuška.
For more than fifty years, however, it served for entirely different purposes than those initially intended. The building of the National Museum of Agriculture in Prague is currently undergoing gradual work to restore it to its original style and to enable it to present new and modern exhibitions.