The Story of Agriculture – Prague
International Conference Museum as a tool for presentation of rural life, agriculture and forestry
Date:5. 11. 2020 – 6. 11. 2020
Date and place:
5th – 6th November 2020
National Museum of Agriculture, Kostelní 44, Praha 7
Conference takes place under the auspices of the Minister of Agriculture Miroslav Toman.
- specific features of presenting agriculture, forestry, rural life, fisheries, food industry – in terms of acquisition, building collection, scientific work (museum memory function)
- specific features of presenting agriculture, forestry, rural life, fisheries, food industry – in terms of educational and
- experience function of the museum (skills and methods at exhibitions, expositions, programs for schools, events for public, popularization including topics of forestry pedagogy, museum as a community centre, museum as an environmental centre etc.)
- comparison with open air museums and ecomuseums (alternatively live farm, country estate etc.)
- role of parks in the museums management in terms of museum presentation
- museums and climate changes, drought, bark beetle etc., including historical context
- museums and International year of plant health (OSN)
- Central European view and international cooperation (International association of Museums of agriculture AIMA)
- conference fee – for participants without contribution 300 CZK (participants with contribution and members of organizational institutions free of charge)
- time limit for presenting one contribution is within 20–30 mins
- accommodation not provided
- conference language: Czech, Slovak, English
Annotation (within 1000 signs) to be sent via online form no later than 30. 6. 2020.
Presentation to be sent no later than 30. 10. 2020.
Selected contributions will go through a review process and will be published in magazine Prameny a studie. Contribution processing and its sending will be required no later than 10. 1. 2021. Authors of the selected contribution will receive instructions how to deliver manuscripts in good time.
Mgr. Lubomír Anděl; PhDr. Pavel Douša, Ph.D.; Ing. Adéla Fajčíková;
PhDr. Radka Křížková Červená; Mgr. Lucie Kubásková;
Mgr. Martina Lehmannová; Ing. Jiří Machek; Ing. Jindřich Ondruš;
Ing. Vendula Prjachová, MBA; Mgr. Branislav Panis;
Mgr. Jitka Sobotková, Ph.D.; Ing. Hana Urbancová, Ph.D.
PhDr. Pavel Douša, Ph.D.; Mgr. Eva Kuminková, Ph.D.;
RNDr. Jan Nedělník, Ph.D.; prof. Ing. Vilém Podrázský, CSc.;
PhDr. Gabriela Podušelová; doc. Ing. Milan Jan Půček, MBA, Ph.D.